DIY Iron Man USB Hub

Recently I had ordered some cheap USB hubs from amazon. (Around $3 each). I also had a model of Iron man on my desk. With an afternoon to kill and with some old parts:
1. Iron man model.
2. Usb Hub.
3. 1 3v White LED.
4. 1 100Ohm Registor
5. Some wires.
6. Hot gule
7. Unused USB cable. Needed for the USB Type A port.

Steps:
1. I filed out the top of the LED to make it smaller and the light more ambient rather than focused.

2. Then I dug out the center of the chest piece where the reactor is supposed to be in the suit. In the resulting hole the LED will go with the leads coming out on the either side. I soldered two wires to each lead and took the wired to the back of the model.


3. To make the USB plug I took an old usb cable, cut out the type A side with some wire. Soldered a 100 Ohm register to the red (+5v) wire and then a pair of wired to transfer the voltage to the led.


4. Soldered all the wires to form a simple circuit. 

5. Tied up all the lose ends.


6. Plugged the USB type A into one of the ports in the USB hub.


7. Took some 2 sided tape and made the model stand on the USB hub.

8. Hot glued the LED in the center piece to make it solid and also give a glow feel.

9. Test out every thing and showcase it.